We’re happy to take story suggestions from members of the public. You can share breaking news with our team by:
1. Submitting a ticket using this help centre.
2. Emailing us: [email protected]
3. Submit an anonymous over TipBox here: tip link
We make efforts to protect/conceal the identities of our sources. We highly recommend that if you are sharing privileged or protected information with us, you use a private-secure computer with a secure network connection using a VPN and a secure web browser like Project TOR.
A note about concealing identities and confidential sources:
- We permit undercover reporting only when we feel a story is important enough to justify doing so, and we have exhausted all other reasonable methods.
- We use confidential sources sparingly to provide important information that cannot be obtained through on-the-record sources. Our reporters may disclose the identity of unnamed sources to at least one editor.
- We publish information from confidential sources that we consider reliable but do not publish the opinions of unnamed sources.
- We do not attend “background briefings” where officials try to spoon-feed information to the media without speaking for the record.
- We are more open to granting confidentiality to sources we approach for interviews than to sources approaching us with tips or with dirt about political opponents or business rivals.
- We always assume that government snoops, law enforcement or hackers might access our regular communication channels when we grant confidentiality to a source. We should use technology such as encryption software or “burner” cell phones to protect confidentiality.
Haven't found the answer? We can help.Submit a request
Contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.